Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning

As I was home over the holidays, I embarked on an ambitious task. I decided to clean my childhood room. While that doesn't seem like a big deal, it's been about 10 years since the carpet has been visible. I decided to tackle the piles of clothes, books, and other clutter, and in the process found some things I thought I would share with you. The following items have been cleaned, archived and preserved for the next generation. They include:



-My special treasure box (a decorated Strid Rite shoe box) with the following warning: "Stay out! Not just secrets but gum and candy too!" Yes, that was actually written on the top of the box. Pretty clandestine, huh?



-Piles of paint swatch samples I took from Hechinger's Hardware store. I sincerely hope that did not contribute to their bankruptcy.



- Puppy posters (a given).


- A list of every boy I was ever in love with between the years 1988-1996 (I started lusting after boys pretty early in life). The most recent list is in my apartment. Yes, I still keep one.



- A note sent home regarding unexcused Latin class absences during my senior year of high school that I intercepted in the mail. Of course, I got a D in Latin in college, so I guess the joke's on me.



- Many "collectible" brochures, books and pamphlets about the "new hit show!" Beverly Hills, 90210. A classic!!



-Scrunchies!



-Babysitter Club trading cards



- A Whitney Houston tape ( the soundtrack of the Bodyguard, naturally. Though it was found still in it's shrink wrap)



-Math tests bleeding red with the word "See Me" in capitals. Well bully to you, I have my masters degree! In Mathmatics! Ok, no, not in math, but still...Pretty good, right?

No comments: